Centre based services
Drop-in / phone-in support service. Open hours:
|Monday||9:30 am – 3:00 pm|
|Tuesday||9:30 am – 3:00 pm|
|Wednesday||9:30 am – 3:00 pm|
|Thursday||9:30 am – 1:00 pm and|
3:00 pm – 7:00 pm
|Friday||9:30 am – 1:00 pm|
All services and activities at The Women’s Cottage are based on the principles of acceptance, empowerment, and resilience
Drop-in / phone-in support Services are offered by our Women’s Advocacy Violence Emergency (W.A.V.E.) Support Workers.
No appointment is needed for the drop-in service during our open hours however it can be helpful and reduce waiting times to call ahead of time to discuss your needs.
The Women’s Cottage offers specialist, experienced and skilled support for women who have experienced violence and abuse or other issues causing distress including support for women who are:
- Experience physical, emotional, sexual, psychological or financial abuse in their relationship.
- Have experienced an abusive / violent relationship in the past
- Were sexually assaulted or abused as a child
- Dealing with difficult life issues
- Struggling with parenting
- Struggling with financial distress / crisis
- Feel alone or isolated
Support can include:
- Information, advocacy and referrals
- Confidential crisis support
- Ongoing support and counselling
- Healthy relationship information
- Safety plans for leaving or living with abuse,
- Emotional and psychological support and preparation for court (we do not offer legal advice).
- Activities and information resources for women and children.
- Access to either low cost or free (specialist) counselling services
- Therapeutic, social and interest groups
- A children’s play room
- Safe and experienced child-minding for group participants
See our group program by clicking Groups under the main menu.
The Women’s Cottage also provides a range of information on a variety of topics including:
- Domestic violence
- Sexual assault
- Advocacy services
- Children’s services
- Courses and groups
- Women’s health information, including mental health
- Information on local and regional services